The following resources are a good place to start:
- Official documentation page
- README page for ODM
- README page for WebODM
- README page for NodeODM
- Ground Control Points Format Specification
- OpenDroneMap: The Missing Guide
For advice on flying, capturing data and creating better results, the Making Successful Maps guide by DroneDeploy is an excellent resource.
In addition to all user resources, we recommend to also read the following:
- WebODM documentation: https://docs.webodm.org
- NodeODM API specification: https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/NodeODM/blob/master/docs/index.adoc
- Overview of the ODM pipeline: http://community.opendronemap.org/t/where-can-i-find-background-information-on-the-concepts-of-odm/665/2
We keep a section in our forum dedicated to research papers. This is a valuable place where to read more about state of the art research related to structure from motion, multi-view stereo, meshing, texturing, etc. which can be used to improve the software.